Our health, safety and environment (HSE) experts apply knowledge, competences and experience to minimise impacts on health, safety and environment throughout the lifecycle of pharma products as well as our customers' projects.
Our HSE services are based on the integration of management systems into our daily work. These include:
- ISO 9001 (quality management)
- ISO 14001 (environmental management)
- OHSAS18001 (occupational health and safety management).
NNE is certified according to all three standards and complies with the UN Global Compact. Furthermore, our triple bottom line approach emphasises NNE’s commitment to deliver professional and fully sustainable solutions to our customers.
Supporting the full lifecycle
We continuously strive to improve our tools and methods to provide value-adding consulting services and sustainable solutions. We work directly with our global pharma customers, providing separate HSE-related consulting services and we partake in NNE’s cross-disciplinary projects, delivering HSE knowledge and future-proof solutions. Our aim is to improve the sustainability footprint of each project and at the same time reduce lifecycle costs.
We have more than 25 engaged specialists in a number of HSE-related professional disciplines, such as:
- Sustainability certification (LEED, DGNB)
- Sustainability strategies and change management
- Energy and water optimisation
- Machinery and process safety (risk assessment and CE-marking)
- Fire protection
- Explosion safety (ATEX)
- Chemical safety
- Noise and vibration
- Indoor climate (acoustics, thermal, draught, and daylight) – read more in our indoor climate newspaper
- Lifecycle assessment
- Occupational health and safety (authorised service provider by Danish Working Environment Authority)
- Authority applications, environmental as well as health and safety authorities
HSE as value-adding discipline in pharma projects
We consider HSE as a value-adding discipline rather than just a means to enforce project control and ensure compulsory reporting. Our HSE coordinators are able to:
- Ensure that your project complies with all authority demands and regulations
- Make sure that your project moves in the right direction from the beginning, paving the way for future-proof sustainable solutions
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment in the operation of the facility
Our HSE experts are valuable sparring partners in all types of projects. We strive to not work in silos, so when we work on complex projects, we establish an interdisciplinary HSE project team. An HSE coordinator heads up the team and makes sure that the different competences in the team are brought into play when it is necessary. This eases communication and streamlines the work. Our approach to any HSE project is based on an assessment of risks and compliance.
We apply different tools to help us analyse the project’s impact throughout the lifecycle:
- Our HSE tool for HSE impact assessment and prioritisation in the early project phases
- ODEON room acoustic software for indoor acoustic assessments and noise predictions
- IES – integrated environmental solutions – for reduced energy cost
- Risk assessment tools, e.g. hazard review leader