Process & Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineer, PE in California
NNE West Coast Office is located in Emeryville, California. Our office lies in a corridor between the cities of Berkeley and Oakland, extending to the shore of San Francisco Bay, the heart of the US’ largest and emerging Biotech and Innovation Cluster. NNE has been carrying out projects on the West Coast in the pharma industry since the beginning of the 2000’s. Our highly educated and ambitious employees come from a diverse background within Automation, Process, and Facilities and work with our West Coast customers with their pharma focused knowhow. Our project portfolio is as manifold as the needs of our clients – whether it be feasibility studies, site engineering support or large general planning mandates, we provide our passion to achieve individual assignment goals. We are also represented in Southern California to ensure we are as close as possible to all our local pharma and biotech customers. We are growing our business on the West Coast and we are constantly looking for new talent to make us best in class. Are you up for the challenge?
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
NNE is seeking an experienced and passionate Mechanical Engineer with a PE License in California to help lead and mentor our team of engineers and consultants. Specific duties include, but may not be limited to:
- Project work in all project sizes and phases
- Solve tasks independently, to the highest degree of complexity.
- Structure and plan the work of own discipline in small projects.
- Ensure interfaces to and coordination with other disciplines.
- Ensure changes to the scope of work are brought to the attention of the project management.
- Ensure quality/review and compliance with codes and regulations of own and peers’ work.
• Lead engineers and provide on-the–job training for colleagues.
• Review work of engineers in own discipline.
• Contribute with cost calculations and descriptions for proposals.
• Contribute to the development of standards and guidelines and participate in internal knowledge sharing efforts
• Promote NNE and look for sales opportunities when in contact with customers
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- PE Licensure in CA required, or ability to obtain licensure within 6 months.
- Understanding of API manufacturing processes with expertise in relevant equipment and piping.
- Knowledge of ASTM, ASTM-BPE standards, and other regulations specific to discipline and industry.
Preferred qualifications include:
- More than 8 years of experience within biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Global working experience is an advantage.
- Diligence to solve problems and finish the work in a structured manner
- Experience working and coordinating with vendors and contractors.
- Strong leadership, communication, and coaching skills.
NNE offer a comprehensive benefit and health coverage. You can read about the benefits on our website
If you have any questions about the job, please contact Niels Lynge Agerbaek Head of West Coast Operations, West Coast Management, Mobile: +1 (510) 299-6856
Please submit your application online. Please note that we only accept applications submitted via our online system. p>
Deadline of application is 4/30/2019