Automation & IT
Lead Engineer (Delta V)
Every day, NNE devotes its expertise to ensure that customers like AstraZeneca, Novo Nordisk, Novartis, Roche and many others can bring vital treatments to patients around the world. We use our 2,000 knowledgeable employees to complete approximately 3,000 projects annually for companies that produce life-saving drugs and equipment. Would you like to join our team of experts working hard to change the world?
We are seeking an Lead Engineer (Delta V) to join us in Emeryville, CA.
• Lead and manage disciplines in all project sizes and phases.
• Structure, plan and take the financial responsibility for own discipline in own projects.
• Ensure interfaces to and coordination with other disciplines.
• Ensure changes to the scope of work in the discipline are brought to the attention of the project management.
• Ensure disciplinary consistency of work, disciplinary quality/reviews and compliance with codes and regulations.
• Part of the project management team with responsibility for the overall outcome of own discipline.
• Lead all engineers in own discipline and provide on-the–job education of junior engineers to become engineers and of engineers to become senior engineers or specialists.
• Review work of engineers in own discipline.
• Responsible for cost calculations and descriptions for proposals and review of costs for proposals.
• Take the lead in contributing to the development of standards and guidelines and participate in COIs.
• Promote NNE and look for sales opportunities when in contact with customers
• M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Engineering or similar.
• More than 10 years of experience designing (including batch processes, using S88 terminology), programming and testing automation systems in a pharma/biotech manufacturing, laboratory, R&D or pilot plant environment.
• Master in own discipline. Knowledge of most other disciplines and their interfaces. Some leadership experience is a requirement.
• Process experience. Chemical or food industry counts as acceptable experience. However, extensive pharmaceutical experience is a requirement.
• Project experience from Basic Design, Detailed Design, Construction, Commissioning & Qualification and handover is a requirement.
• Global working experience is an advantage.
• Diligence to solve problems and finish the work in a structured manner. Provide advice to customers proactively.
• Leadership and coaching skills. Good at communicating and negotiating solutions for mutual benefit. The ultimate responsible technical person for own discipline in projects.
• Planning and progress evaluation/communication skills at overall discipline level. Financial and business understanding.
• Must be a Team Player
• Technical expert in Biotech / API DeltaV batch applications.
• Experience as lead on multiple projects with DeltaV Historian or PI Historian.
• Experience as lead on multiple projects using DeltaV reporting or other reporting software tools.
• At least 10 years of experience programming and testing DeltaV
- Bonus eligibility
- 9% company 401k contribution
- 3 weeks of vacation and 40 hours of PTO
- 4 healthcare plans to choose from, 2 dental options, in addition to vision
- 100% short term and 60% long term company paid disability
- Flex Time, which allows certain billable positions to accrue any billable hours worked in excess of 40 hours in a week into a Flex Time bank. All accrued Flex Time hours in excess of 160 hours will be automatically paid out as a Flex Bonus on a quarterly basis.
- Various other voluntary benefits
Your personal profile:
We seek colleagues who want to bring technical knowledge to life, who are strong in communication, have the ability to energize people, and provide constructive feedback. As a successful Automation Engineer, you are results-oriented and have a well-structured approach to your work. By focusing on a smarter execution you work effectively, keep your promises and learn from your mistakes. A global and passionate mindset is important as you will be working in a multi-cultural environment.
NNE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. NNE will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCO.