Process & Mechanical Engineering
Director of Engineering
Every day, NNE devotes its expertise to ensure that customers like AstraZeneca, Novo Nordisk, Novartis,Roche and many others can bring vital treatments to patients around the world. We use our 2,000 knowledgeable employees to complete approximately 3,000 projects annually for companies that produce life-saving drugs and equipment. Would you like to join our team of experts working hard to change the world?
We are seeking a Director of Engineering to join us in Durham, NC.
- Support development of the US strategy. Implement the US strategy in three business units. Facilities (the design or expansion of pharmaceutical manufacturing plants), Process (the method by which the drug is made at scale) and Automation (the technology that controls the process and facility in which the drug is made)
- Manage day-today business of the business unit living up to agreed financial target (revenues, operating profit cash flow, etc.). Ensure compliance with nne’s global policies, standards, and any relevant country specific requirements (financial reporting, tax, etc.)
- Responsible for all operating activities in the business unit: All prepared proposals and executed projects as well as appropriate staffing plans, resource push/utilization, optimization, customer and project follow-up. Coordinate Engineering project portfolio across the eastern or western United States.
- Build close relationships with customers across your region based on a high degree of trust, respect and knowledge of customers’ business.
- Develop organization and people in line with the business unit competency development plan. Ensure passion and a high degree of employee engagement.
- Demonstrate leadership through high involvement in the day-to-day activities of the business unit. Lead, energize and support the team. Be a role model and support necessary changes and the anchoring of a global mindset by cooperating with and building relations amongst other offices within the country and globally.
- Full decision power and direct impact on business unit
- Responsible for all hire/fire, salaries, objectives and performance evaluation in the business unit
- Responsible for development of people and competences in the area
- Decide on all profit parameters (cost basis, utilization, and sale prices)
- Own projects in the business unit. Ability to delegate projects and proposal to other branches, countries or regions, which will then have full commercial ownership of the project
- Make sales agreement with customers
- Meet the business unit’s financial targets for the year (revenue, operating profit, cash flow, and utilization) without comprising the overall US targets
- Increase the pipeline value in line with targets
- Have direct customer contact and engage in sales process on medium & large proposals presentations
- Meet project profit, timeliness, and quality targets
- Develop a high-performance organization and ensure key employee retention and employee survey goals
- Successful implementation and adherence to NNE corporate values and culture elements
Innovation and initiative
- Strive for ways to execute smarter, ensuring application of global best practice tools and methods
- Continuous improvement of financial results in the business unit.
- Keep updated on all industry trends and develop new customer segments in the business unit area and in alignment with strategy.
- Aim to utilize the global synergies and maximize the value of both local and corporate support functions.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent, PE is highly desired
- Minimum 10 years of people management experience
- Deep knowledge within the given discipline (related to pharma business or engineering consultancy). Preferably a background from project execution in the biopharma industry
- Proven track record of strong performance
- Experience in managing a business unit
- Proven record in building long-lasting relationships with customers
- Management and leadership skills, including people management.
- Focused on delivering outstanding business results while keeping the team engaged and motivated.
- Robust personality with a strong business drive.
- Customer-oriented and focused with strong professional business service orientation.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and leadership skills.
- Fluency in business English is a prerequisite.
- Bonus eligibility
- 9% company 401k contribution
- 3 weeks of vacation and 40 hours of PTO
- 4 healthcare plans to choose from, 2 dental options in addition to vision
- 100% short term and 60% long term company paid disability
- Various other voluntary benefits
Your personal profile:
We seek colleagues who want to bring technical knowledge to life, who are strong in communication, can energize people, and provide constructive feedback. As a successful Director of Engineering you are results-oriented and have a well-structured approach to your work. A global and passionate mindset is important as you will be working in a multi-cultural environment.
NNE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. NNE will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCO.