Automation & IT
Senior Automation Consultant (MES)
NNE is a haven for intellectuals who want to expand their knowledge and make a real difference while doing so. As an international pharmaceutical engineering firm with around 2,000 talented employees, we work with the companies that make lifesaving drugs and equipment for patients worldwide. If you want to go home every day with a sense of pride in your work and accomplishment in your achievements, then NNE might be the next step for you.
We are seeking a Senior Automation Consultant to join us in Durham, NC.
- Project work in all project sizes and phases.
- Solve tasks independently, to the highest degree of complexity
- Structure and plan the work of own discipline in small projects.
- Ensure interfaces to and coordination with other disciplines.
- Ensure changes to the scope of work are brought to the attention of the project management.
- Ensure quality/review and compliance with codes and regulations of own and peers’ work.
- Lead up to 5 engineers and provide on-the–job education of junior engineers to become engineers.
- Review work of engineers in own discipline.
- Contribute with cost calculations and descriptions for proposals.
- Contribute to the development of standards and guidelines and participate in COIs.
- Promote NNE and look for sales opportunities when in contact with customers.
- Further details depending on discipline
- Ensure project deliverables are met according to schedule.
- Review and comment on software design documents and equipment specifications.
- Review and comment on automation functional specifications.
- Participate in design qualification preparation and execution.
- HP Quality Center experience is a plus.
- Review system and software designs and recommend alternatives and best practices.
- Expected to travel at least 25% of the time dependent upon project
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Engineering or similar.
- More than 5 years of experience within the discipline. Potential to be a master. Knowledge of most important other disciplines and their interfaces.
- Process experience. Chemical or food industry counts as acceptable experience. However, some pharmaceutical experience is a requirement.
- Project experience from Detailed Design, Construction, Commissioning & Qualification and handover is a requirement. Manufacturing experience within these industries is rated equally as process engineer qualifications although some project experience is preferred.
- Global working experience is an advantage.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written. German, French or Chinese will be an advantage although not a requirement.
- Understand that own work is part of a context given by project drivers and customer needs and execute own work to fit in this context.
- Diligence to solve problems and finish the work in a structured manner. Provide advice to customers proactively.
- Some leadership and coaching skills.
- PE license preferred
- Planning and progress evaluation/communication skills on own work/at peer level.
- Team Player
- API process knowledge. Chemical or food industry counts as acceptable experience however some pharmaceutical experience is a requirement.
- Project experience from Basic or Detailed Design, Construction, Commissioning & Qualification and handover is a requirement.
- Design review and qualification.
- Experience with control systems and manufacturing execution systems related to processes, fermentation, recovery and purification.
- Knowledgeable in GAMP, S88 & S95 and ISA Instrumentation Standards.
- Instrumentation and electrical knowledge and experience in a plant environment are required.
- Experience with Process Control Systems (PCS), preferably DeltaV and/or Rockwell
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), preferably Syncade and/or Werum PAS-X
- Bonus eligibility
- 9% company 401k contribution
- 3 weeks of vacation and 40 hours of PTO
- 4 healthcare plans to choose from, 2 dental options, in addition to vision
- 100% short term and 60% long term company paid disability
- Flex Time, which allows certain billable positions to accrue any billable hours worked in excess of 40 hours in a week into a Flex Time bank. All accrued Flex Time hours in excess of 120 hours will be automatically paid out as a Flex Bonus on a quarterly basis.
- Various other voluntary benefits
Your personal profile:
We seek colleagues who want to bring technical knowledge to life, who are strong in communication, have the ability to energize people, and provide constructive feedback. As a successful Senior Automation Consultant you are results-oriented and have a well-structured approach to your work. By focusing on a smarter execution you work effectively, keep your promises and learn from your mistakes. A global and passionate mindset is important as you will be working in a multi-cultural environment.
NNE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. NNE will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCO.